I know, I know. It’s been a WHILE. My life has been crazy busy the past couple of…18 months? But, other than working and mindlessly scrolling TikTok, I have been trying to cook a little more for myself recently.
Speaking of TikTok, I found this recipe from the LowCarbLove. I love her recipes and her TikToks and finally found this one. It’s so good. Check it out!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- Shredded cheese (your preference)
- Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 White Onion, Chopped
- Olive or Avocado Oil
- Tomato, diced
- Sour Cream
- Preferred Seasonings
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut up your cauliflower into to florets. I tried to keep them relatively the same size and “flat”
- Spread on a parchment-line baking sheet
- Add about a Tbsp of olive or avocado oil to cauliflower along with any spices. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and a touch of cayenne. Season well and toss florets.
- Once oven is ready, place baking sheet in oven and roast for 15 minutes
- While cauliflower is roasting, I browned some ground Turkey with minced garlic and diced onion
- Once browned, remove from heat and set aside for toppings
- Have all your toppings ready – Shredded Cheese, Guacamole/Avocado, Ground Meat, Diced Tomatoes or favorite salsa, and Sour Cream. I really wished I would’ve had some jalapeños to add but, next time.
- When 15 minutes is up, remove cauliflower from over and turn over on Hi Broil.
- Cover cauliflower with your shredded cheese and throw back in the oven to broil for 2 minutes and 15 seconds. Really watch your broil as it can burn super fast.
- Remove from oven and start adding your toppings.
While these are termed nachos, I ate them with a fork.